Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Midterm: Obama's Tax-Hike Plan

This article was posted online by ABCNews.com after being revised to show concern for those who fall into the bracket of families making $250k or more a year in income. From this statement alone I can tell that there is going to be a bias as to what public is trying to be reached by this article. Those who claim to work hard to be where they are financially are trying to find ways to avoid being taxed additionally for the money that would exceed $250k. I feel it’s sad to see that people came together to elect a president into office for hope of change and the same people are already reneging on the course of action that will bring change. These people are sick with greed and I feel they only think of themselves instead of the entire economy. To think they would go as far as cutting back their productivity and even layoff employees in order to achieve a lower income is just sickening to me. Everyone wants help but when it comes at their expense no one wants to pay.

The main source quoted in this article is a financial planner named Gary Schatsky, who is by all means an expert in his field which falls into the subject at hand. He has had several appearances on television shows and has been named a top financial planner by several magazines. From that information I can conclude that he is a very credible source to lay a foundation with. The other sources in this article are more personal sources and only offer insight to their own circumstances; With this in mind I would say this is a trustworthy author, but the article is still biased because it is focused on the side of those who make $250k or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment